Sunday, April 24, 2005

Taking a bit long

Some time back I felt bit restricted in blogger. I started looking for some other blogging software. There were two important things(though might sound very insignificant) I was looking for
1) Categorisation
2) Calendar
I don't understand why blogger still does not support categorisation as I saw many drifted away only for this reason. Few others use some work arounds to get the feel of categorisation, but why the effort when there are lot of softwares make it virtually effortless.
I found wordpress meeting my requirements. It is a open-source software with lot of developers and users, there is a strong community around it. Thus I get lot of plugins, good support, wonderful themes to choose from !
Then it was the search for hosting site. Here again, my requirements were clear FREE and Ad-free ! I knew I was asking for a bit too much, but came across few of them which came bundled with wordpress itself ! And again there were few restrictions at few of them, but finally found the places where I get all I had wanted - Wordpress, No restrictions, No ads!! What more do I need !!

But then, with more freedom and with more choices come more work. Also got busy with many other things and still haven't been able to set it up completely. I had wished to continue posting only at my new blog, but few more will be posted here till I finish few small things there.

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Arunima said...

perhaps, I'll follow you there too:-)

 
At 4/27/2005 08:00:00 PM, Blogger RK said...

Arunima,
sure :) you are most welcome ! I will put the url here.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home