Friday, April 01, 2005

Tasty, Smart

I, sitting in the window seat, turn away from the busy crowd that is inside the bus- crowd ranging from young to old, rich to poor, happy to sad. Bus stops at a traffic junction and I peep out of window. The eununchs and beggars- disabled and poor, run towards the vehicles. I slowly shift my attention to a large hoarding that sports advertisement-cum-comics. A smile crosses my lips and I come out of thoughts. I read again and this time completely absorb and again smile!

I am refering to the Amul ads which slowly became a part of our talk, and which was followed keenly - more keenly awaited than R K Lakshman's You said it in TOI. And it was a small joy when the ad came close to what I had expected! The ads-cum-cartoon captured the news and current affairs and gave a nice comic touch to it. Sometimes silent, sometimes with a punching one-liner, it always maintained good standards of creativity!

Yummy, all the hits are available online :)

Why a post on amul hits ? Well, among the things I miss from Bombay, it is next only to Vada pav, beaches, trains and girls ;-)

4 Comments:

At 4/02/2005 04:14:00 AM, Blogger Chaitra said...

Well.. thats true.. me miss the same things abt bombay(apart from the girls..of course) :)

 
At 4/04/2005 05:25:00 PM, Blogger Murali said...

TOI?? hmm does that remind me of something??

 
At 4/04/2005 05:25:00 PM, Blogger Murali said...

TOI?? hmm does that remind me of something??

 
At 4/05/2005 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Rk said...

chaitra,
:)
optimist,
:)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home